NOTE:

NOTE: Of late, I have been getting requests for very trivial problems that many of you are facing in your day-to-day work. This blog is not to solve your "project" problems - surely not a "Support" site.
I just love to share my knowledge in my spare time and would appreciate any questions or feedback on the articles and code I have shared. I also do appreciate thought-provoking questions that would lead me to write more articles and share.
But please do not put your day-to-day trivial problems here. Even if you do, you most probably would not get a response here.
Thanks

Search This Blog

x

Monday 12 October 2009

Android - Simulating an Incoming call on Emulator


On windows XP, open a command console.
Type “telnet”. The telnet client starts.
Then, type, o localhost 5554
This connects the telnet client to the android emulator (assuming emulator is running locally listening on port 5554. Else this connection fails)
Now type
gsm call 123456
The last parameter could be any number.
This simulates a call to the emulator.

8 comments:

  1. But it's not working with me.. :(
    The kill command from the CMD is working , but the voice and sms command is not working.
    ( No Service ) is showing in emulator too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Solved it , it just add
    "-bootchart 100" as param for the emulator. But i don't know what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No still its not working i wrote
    o localhost 5554 -bootchart 100 and then gsm call 123456
    It didnt work at all

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow nice one. I tried on Ubuntu and it works :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Works perfectly. Also to send SMS, the command line is "sms send "

    ReplyDelete
  7. SMS send phoneno textmsg. Eg SMS send 123456 hello

    ReplyDelete
  8. how can i simulate an Incoming call on androidx86 emulator installed in virtual box

    ReplyDelete